Grant for Part-Time Studies
Under this grant, part-time students may be eligible for up to $1,200 per academic year.
Delivered by: Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC)
You are eligible if you:
1. Apply and qualify for a Canada Student Loan
2. Are enrolled part-time in a program lasting at least 12 weeks within a 15-week period at a designated post-secondary institution and
3. Are from a low-income family as defined by the Canada Student Loans Program.
When you apply and qualify for a Canada Student Loan in your province or territory of permanent residence you will automatically be assessed for this grant.
1. Eligibility for this grant is determined during the assessment of the student loan process.
2. Loan application forms are available from provincial and territorial student financial aid offices in educational institutions.
Recently Added Resources
- Ironworker (Structural/Ornamental)
Ironworkers (structural/ornamental) install and reinforce structural/ornamental steel components, precast structural concrete members ... More >
- Electric Motor System Technician
The title Electric Motor System Technician defines a person who, because of his or her knowledge, training and abilities, is capable of ... More >
- Financial Support for skills training to Employment Insurance eligible individuals
Am I eligible for participation in Skills Development?
To be eligible for participation in Skills Development (SD), you must be an ... More >
- Aboriginal Job Centre
The Aboriginal Job Centre lists employment opportunities across Canada that are available to Aboriginal people. Listings can be searched ... More >
- Volunteer Centres in Ontario
Volunteer Resource -Information Orillia
33 Mississauga St E.
Orillia ON L3V1V4
705.326.6064 ... More >
Boilermakers construct, install, test, maintain and repair boilers, tanks and other vessels that contain liquids, gases and dry ... More >
- Tool and Die Maker
Tool and die makers make, repair and test dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, prototypes and specialty tools. In some ... More >
- Metal Fabricator
Metal fabricators (fitters) are individuals who work with ferrous and non-ferrous metals, including plate and structural steel sections, ... More >